Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Due date comes and goes...

Today is our due date..it is crazy to think that 10 months ago we just found out we were having a baby. My friend Tricia took me to the hospital today to have my blood work done for the induction on Friday. We sat there almost an hour to find out that blood work is only good for 72 hours, and I have to go back on Thursday. Priceless. However, I did go ahead and sign all of my paper work, so all I have to do on Thursday is go straight to the lab. Also, I am going to be admitted on Thursday at 5 p.m. to start the Cervidil. Hopefully this will start opening my cervix so that Friday morning they can start inducing me. It is hard to believe that by the end of the week McKenna will be here...one way or another.

Trying to sleep anymore seems pointless to me, since every time I lay down I feel like I can't breathe. Last night I went to sleep on the couch so I could prop myself up. It wasn't the most comfortable thing, but I felt my tossing and turning was keeping Mike up. Later did I find out that he didn't even remember the conversation we had when I moved to the couch, so I guess I wasn't keeping him awake. =) I slept from about 2:00 a.m. to 6:30 a.m. and then I moved back to the bed until 8:00. Not a lot of good sleep, but I guess I can't be picky right now.

Well I will have my laptop at the hospital and I will try to update my blog as soon as I can. I know we have a lot of people coming in from Elgin that are ready to meet her. Plus, the amount of people here in Houston that are patiently waiting her arrival...it should be a crowded room. I just feel great that so many people are as excited as we are. Keep checking back this weekend for any updates...Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment