Tuesday, March 17, 2009

20 Weeks! Half way there!


Well we are half way there! Today, on St. Patrick's Day, we are 20 weeks. That is the reason for the green shirt in this picture. We went back to see my doctor today, and she seemed happy with everything. I did find out that I have a low-lying placenta, so I have to have a repeat ultrasound in 4 weeks. She is in hopes that it will move up as my uterus grows, but I have to be careful for the next few weeks. That doesn't make me very happy, because I looked online when I got home, and of course it says all kinds of bad things. So, if you don't know what a low-lying placenta is, take my word and don't look on the internet! I will keep praying that my placenta will work with me, and move to where it needs to be.


On a better note, we got to see McKenna in 3D again today. I have the most awesome doctor in the world! She spent at least 20 minutes showing us our beautiful little girl. We got 4 great pictures which I hope to post tomorrow after Mike scans them in. We saw her little nose, chin and eyes. We also saw her sucking her thumb and yawn. The only thing she wouldn't show us was her girl parts. We wanted the doctor to confirm she is a girl, but she had her legs closed the entire time. I think it was because her daddy was there and she was being a proper girl!


So, please keep us in your prayers, that my stubborn placenta will move to its proper position. We still have 20 weeks to go, and I know your prayers will help. However, I have no doubt God is with us and will be with us every step of the way. Check back soon to see the new pictures of McKenna.

No comments:

Post a Comment