Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Surprise, Surprise!

The evidence pointing to her girl parts. Notice the question for her daddy.
Her little hands are crossed.
Close up of her face with her arms up.

Well today was a very eventful day! I had to go to the hospital for my 20 week ultrasound, and for them to check my bladder. Mike and I were confused on what exactly they would be looking at, so he decided not to attend this one. The last time we went, it was really quick and we didn't see much, so he stayed at work. When I laid down I told the technician that we didn't want to find out the sex, unless we were able to figure it out on our own. However, since Mike wasn't there I didn't want to find anything out. So she started the ultrasound and I quickly saw Bean's legs moving all over the place. Then Bean pulled both of its legs up, and I clearly saw HER parts. I started crying, because Mike wasn't there with me, but I had the technician take a picture so I could show her daddy. I finally stopped crying and was able to enjoy a few minutes of looking at my baby girl, while the idea sunk in. We have had the idea that it was a boy for so long that I was a little shocked at first. I called Mike at work and told him that I was coming by to show him the pictures. He knew at that point that I knew the sex. I drive quickly over to his work and he popped the CD into his computer.

He looked at each picture and then came to the last photo. He quickly realized that his "boy" was a little girl. I think it took a while, but he finally smiled and said, "We're having a girl." He had a glazed look on his face, so I wasn't really sure how he felt. However, then he started telling everyone at his work. We called all of our family members and we were excited to know that our little Bean is now our little girl. The pictures above don't even begin to describe how beautiful she is.

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! SHE is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I figured you would be surprised! We were! I'll talk to you soon, have a great break!

    ReplyDelete